BALANCING YOUR PLATE.
Everything is about finding that equal balance. Whether thats between work and play or exercise and recovery or eating something for your heart verse your soul. We need to set realistic goals for ourselves. In our house we like to use the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time we eat balanced, nutrient dense meals while the other 20%, we have our favorite treats.
For me, if I am going to dinner later that day I will make sure I eat lean fresh ingredients ( not limited meals), exercise, drink plenty of water then have all the fried calamari & cabernet later.
One thing to remember is we are ALL different, moderation is key but listen to your body and your heart. At any time if a decision doesn't feel right don't do it. For example, every time I try to intermittent fast it makes me anxious and creates negative feelings toward food, I learned its not for me and I wont do it. With that said, just listen to your gut feelings about EVERYTHING!
Lastly, I feel it's important to not be a certain "type" ,like keto, vegan, low carb (what ever the case), all the time. Creating labels can cause negativity around meal time or limit nutrients. Some days I eat plant based, other days I don't. You do you boo! Of course if its your beliefs on eating meat then please follow your heart but if its for calories, just eat for that meal, not any specific lifestyle. Our bodies need ALL of the macronutrients.